Skip to main content

Digging out and catching up

It's good to be back.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to get away. I enjoyed the food (absolutely love my mother's turkey stuffing), the family (my three-year-old niece is destined to have her name in lights), and staying as far away from shopping malls as possible (I was scarred for life as a department store worker many years ago, and I'll never join the crowd on Black Friday). But my hobby and my blog suffered over the last few days.

Without stores to go to or a fairly usable computer (the one that was available allowed me only to comment on a blog here or there), my card-viewing abilities were limited. And, much to my surprise, quite a few bloggers were updating their sites over the holiday, so I'm scrambling to keep up on what I missed since early Wednesday.

I'm sure readers of this blog have seen many of the following posts, but in case they haven't, here's what drew my interest during a manic hour-plus of catching up on the card blogging universe:

Dinged Corners stumped me with a card I own (above) and have viewed many, many, many times during the most recent edition of Is This Anything? I am now both determined to be the first to answer the next one of these questions correctly and hopelessly resigned to the fact that I am incapable of figuring any of these out.

Also, my favorite Thanksgiving post came from DC. Who knew that Thanksgiving and PunkRockPaint could combine for a very insightful post?

Here's another one I liked from Hand Collated. And another one that made me laugh. There were a few other nice ones, too, but like I said, I'm scrambling to keep up.

A couple of bloggers received the cards I sent and were nice enough to write something about them here and here. John even threw in a compliment on the look of my blog, which, considering my lack of knowledge about things of that nature, means quite a bit to me. Thanks!

I really like to see other collectors enjoying cards. That those cards are cards that I sent, I admit, is an ego boost. But really the main reason I send them is because that's the name of the game here. We're all collectors, we all know what it feels like to receive cards, and we want others to feel the same way.

Since this post rather resembles a Cardboard Junkie "links of the week" post, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that dayf is giving away cards. Wow, imagine if I was away from my computer for a few more days. I might've totally missed this! And, if you never knew that a recipe for creamed onions could lead to an autographed card of Nick Blackburn, then you haven't read Auto-matic for the People lately. Quite entertaining.

Meanwhile, in the last few days, I have received cards from Brad of Rickey Henderson Collectibles, Dan of Saints of the Cheap Seats, Jim of gcrl, Rod of Padrographs, and Matt of Heartbreaking Cards, and I haven't posted on ANY of them yet. That means two things: lots of "Look What I Got" posts (but I'll try to make them damn interesting), and I owe some people some cards (I'll try to make those cards damn interesting, too).

Lots of digging out and catching up to do. But don't worry, because it begins now ...

Comments