Skip to main content

Eight ain't enough

I'm working, so I have to keep this brief:

-- Eight in a row.
-- Hottest team in baseball (I'm willing to ignore the Marlins for the moment).
-- Shockingly steady pitching.
-- Awesome hitting.
-- Eye-popping production from the youngsters, particularly Kemp, Ethier and Kershaw (Ethier leads the NL in RBIs).
-- Not letting injuries to Kuroda, Wade, Mientkiewicz, get in the way of a speeding train.
-- All alone in first in the NL West.

Joe, keep it going. Even though the team's hitting the road now, don't stop at eight.

I know that sounds greedy. But actually it's lack of confidence on my part. I certainly didn't expect this team to do what it's done from the outset, even though it has some great talent. The Dodgers winning their first six games at home is their best performance at the start of the season since they went 8-0 to open the 1947 season at Ebbets Field, Jackie Robinson's first year.

Cool. I may not have enough confidence, but at least the team has some.

Comments

Sooz said…
Work is for suckers.

the other day in the office, I watched the Yankees games on my laptop with my feet up on my desk.

My editor kept asking me the score. lol
night owl said…
Oh, I often have the Dodger game up on my computer, (as well as another game on the TV next to my desk). But I haven't figured out how to do all of that and blog at the same time without feeling like a total work screw-up.

I guess I need to work on that.