Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 34

It's the end of a long, draining work week for me. One that was filled with all kinds of computer-related malfunctions, failures and issues. I'm tired and really not in the mood to deal with anything of the computer persuasion.

So I'll make this quick and snappy and fall back on the multiple choice question. Here it is. This card is an Awesome Night Card because:

a) It's a night card of someone named "Yorvit"
b) It's a night card of one of those cool mask cards
c) It's a night card of someone who can laugh and chew gum at the same time
d) It's the happiest night card that you will ever see.

Congratulations to all of you who picked "d." It is indeed the happiest night card that you will ever see. And to those of you who are asking "what about all those World Series celebration cards that feature night photos," I say, "it was easy for THEM to be happy. They just won a World Series."

What does Yorvit have to smile about? He's on the Rockies, for goodness sake.

So that's got to count for something. Torrealba can play for the Rockies and still find a reason to smile. He must be really, really, really happy.

And so am I. Because it's Friday, and I am officially off.

Enjoy the day. I know I will.

Comments

zman40 said…
I'm glad that you enjoy this card, because I certainly do not. The only reason for that is that I got this card signed and it looks like crap. I only had this card and an '04 Topps Total card of him to sign (where he is batting in a white Giants uniform). But, he only signed this card, in the black Sharpie I gave him, and you can barely see it. The signature seems to hide in front of the chest protector and the black-on-black jersey/undershirt combo. And every time I look at it, he laughs at me while chewing gum. Not good.
beardy said…
Thanks for rubbing it in, I've got to work today!
Dinged Corners said…
The gum does add something wild to the whole scenario. We didn't even realize this was a night card!