Skip to main content

Waterlogged

Ugh. Spent ... all ... day ... at ... water ... park.

It's ... so ... not .. my ... thing. Exhausted.

Happy ... to ... be ... back ... on ... land. Need ... peace ... and ... quiet. And ... DRYNESS.

Blogger ... not ... letting ... me ... look ... at ... my ... favorite ... blogs ... unless ... I ... type ... in ... their ... addresses ... or ... click ... on ... my ... links. Hate ... that.

Might ... as ... well ... post ... some ... cards ... from ... always ... magnanimous ... jacob ... mrley.

(Sick ... of ... me ... doing ... this ... yet?) Thought so.

Cards! DRY cards! Yay! No wetness as far as the eye can see! More yay! Although, Cey's nickname is The Penguin. And I saw that Penguins Marching movie. They practically live their whole life in the water. Guess I didn't plan that one right.

This is the first of five Ron Cey cards that Max sent me. I needed every one. Although the design of 2001 Fleer Greats of the Game sucks, I like this card because it shows Cey's batting stance and his familiar "keep your front elbow UP waggle" thing. If you don't remember, check out the batting stance guy.

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game insert. Nice-looking card. Not enough photo. Wish I had more to say. Can't focus. All I can hear is rushing water.

Kudos, or props, or whatever the kids are saying, to Topps American Pie for finding a youthful Cey for this card. I'd guess this photo is from 1973, the last non-mustache year.

My first Ron Cey floating head! This is an exciting day in the Night Owl household. Seriously. I'm being serious here, dammit! Give me a break, I was at a water park for seven hours.

Oooh. I've wanted this card ever since I knew it existed. Sweet mystery of ... ah, never mind.

Max also sent some other great Dodgers of my youth, including more Fleer fabulousness with World Series winners Garvey and Gibson.

And a Ring of Honor card of my favorite Dodger left fielder that isn't Gibson or Bill Buckner. Or Tommy Davis. Or Pete Reiser for the two years he played there. Or Zach Wheat. Hey, what do you want? Baker managed the Giants.

Al Lopez as a Dodger. Awesome. Lopez was the Dodgers' regular catcher in the early '30s. He did pretty well. But I'm still not sorry we beat him in the 1959 World Series.

The last Upper Deck Icon Dodger that I needed. Except for insert world. I think Upper Deck can stop showing Martin running after foul pop-ups now.


I'll finish off with two super terrific Nomo cards. Weeee! (And I don't mean the sound you make while sliding on a water park ride. So just stop it). Thanks, Max!

I love getting Nomo cards. Have I said that? Sorry. I'm tired. And there's water in my ear. And the sunblock smell is making me a tad nauseous. Pillow? Where's my pillow? Nice, dry pillow. Nice pillow. Love dry. Drryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Comments

Kevin said…
Fun fact of the day: You and I both used the word "magnanimous" in blog posts this evening. It's a small, small world.
Matt Runyon said…
Blogger has been giving me the same problem. How often does this happen?

We'll be happy to take some water over here in Arizona.
jacobmrley said…
I ... am ... glad ... you ... liked ... this ... batch ... I ... figured ... you ... would

I do, however, split up my excess Nomo cards between you and the girls at Dinged Corners. And I cannot, for the life of me, find the other Cey 2001 Archives card, I certain I had one for you. Something to look forward to next time, I ... suppose.