Skip to main content

Cardboard appreciation: 1957 Topps Dodgers' Sluggers

(This is the final week before high school sports hit and work becomes a nonstop frenzy until June. I'll try to appreciate it while it lasts. This is Cardboard Appreciation. It's the 78th in a series):













Listen, I tried the razor. But I felt like there was going to be an incident.

I didn't have the time to check any video either. The card HAD to get out. NOW.

The hammer did the trick, just like the other times.

Dodgers' Sluggers is free. And I'm happy.

Welcome to the rest of my collection, guys. Sorry you couldn't come out and play all that time.

You can play now.

Comments

Hammer time.

Sorry, I shouldn't have gone there.

I applaud your decision to free the Dodger Sluggers. I mentioned at least once on my blog that I like to buy cards at the shop because I like to feel vintage cardboard in my hands. I'll bet that one feels great.
Dodgerbobble said…
Play at the Plate - That was funny.

I wish I could have seen video of you freeing the Dodgers Sluggers.
Sean said…
Way late here but I just stumbled across this post.

A very commendable solution to the problem indeed!

Viva la free cardboard!

Er, free as in free from those slabs, not necesssarily free of cost. Anyway.