Skip to main content

A belated thanks for the mmmmiiiinnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss!!!!!!!!


I've been a little out of it the last few days. I'm one of those folks who has to transport the family hours away in order to celebrate Thanksgiving. So blog following has been a tedious and sporadic exercise recently. Posting has been reduced to what was available in the draft folder.

Fortunately, I didn't miss much. NBA closes in on a deal. Meh. College football plays some "big" games. Double meh. Cowboys beat the Dolphins. Meh, meh, meh, with a side of pumpkin meh.

What I did miss were my fellow bloggers. While I was away, someone said they like my blog best of all. I owe a thank you on this blog for that. Plenty of people churned out blog posts despite the holiday. Thanks to those posts, the boredom of the last few days could not consume my sanity.

But there are two folks I'd like to thank specifically.

As I was exiting the house for my trip, I saw the mail truck on my street. I had to fight every urge that I had to make up some excuse to remain home for an extra 10 minutes and then proceeded to drive off.

But I should've gone through with the excuse. Two of the packages really got to me and shouldn't have been forced to wait.

The first is from Ted of Crinkly Wrappers.

He put my '75 Lineage minis total at 90:


That would have been plenty, but he also threw in:


Some Allen & Ginter needs, including the Michael Cuddyer at the top of the post.


The entire 2002 Topps 206 team Dodgers set. Kaz Ishii centered between the good and evil Shawn Green.


And, the Duke, in cloth-sticker form.

Isn't that terrific?

The second package is from mr haverkamp from The Bench.

He recently asked for my list of '75 Topps minis wants, and then sent a package back thanking me for supplying the list.

Here are the cards he sent:


I forgot to tell him that I've since acquired most of the Dodgers minis -- although the Manny Mota is much, much appreciated, and I will no doubt find purposes for every last mini.


I especially like the Buckner card for its back.


Note the orange X. (it looks red here, but it's really orange).

Now note the back of my Dick Bosman mini card from the same year:


Orange was the color of choice for scribbling in 1975.


Also, I received this finely miscut mini card of Cesar Cedeno. Thanks to this post, I was able to determine that card showing at the top is of Claudell Washington.

And just in case I wasn't impressed by all those fantastic '75 minis -- the best kind of card of all-time -- mr. haverkamp knocked off two cards from the Nebulous 9.


Now, if you think I'm done saying thanks to these two great collectors, you're wrong.

Here is where my feelings of thanks really lie:

I have a difficult time finding cards for both of these guys. I've managed to send Crinkly Wrappers some cards -- hopefully a few that he could use -- but I know he busts a lot of cards and I don't know if any of my cards I send make much of a dent.

As for mr. haverkamp, I know he's interested in Mike Schmidt cards from Topps Lineage. Anybody find any of those they're willing to trade? Because I certainly haven't. Let me know.

But even with my struggles, both guys continue to send me cards.

Wow.

I don't know what to say, other than, I'll keep looking and I'll keeping writing.

And thanks.

Two days late.

But thanks.

Comments

Paul Hadsall said…
Wow, so there really was a ballplayer named Jack Fimple!
Josh D. said…
How do you know which Shawn Green is good and which one is evil? And given the card borders, what does that say about Kaz Ishii??
Spiegel83 said…
If some of the Dodger '75 minis are doubles for you, mind setting some aside for me? Thanks,playa!