Skip to main content

The tortoise wins the race


I have removed the poll from the sidebar because I don't think anyone is going to catch the "sea turtle set" in the race for what we should call 2013 Topps.

When I took down the poll, "sea turtle set" had 40 votes. The "baseball diamond set" and the "spaceship set" received seven votes apiece.

The tortoise wins again.

That makes me happy. Because I like "sea turtle set" best. It's quirky. It's whimsical (just like the design, by the way). But I don't want you to have to listen to me explain why the sea turtle is such a worthy creature for such an honor. Instead I'll let Marlin Perkins explain. (You can stop paying attention at 1:27).




Well that seals it for me. Any reptile fondled by Marlin should get some sort of reward.

So it's official:


2013 Topps,


you are officially ...


The Sea Turtle Set


Congratulations!


As for the few vocal dissenters who don't want to have anything to do with the "sea turtle set," maybe this will convince you:


YOU WILL LIKE!


OK, you can name it whatever you want.

I don't have an issue with the "baseball diamond set" or the "spaceship set." If someone can match the design to a specific spaceship, go at it, man.

But me and my sea turtle are going to swim happily together, content with the name we've come up with 2013 Topps.

It works for me.



And look how happy he is.


(Thanks for the cards, Mark!)

Comments

Josh D. said…
Topps Tribute -- the Original Turtle Set. :-)
http://royalsandrandoms.blogspot.com/2012/01/grab-bag-contents.html
Zayden said…
Hooray for turtles!
BaseSetCalling said…
It only took me, what, almost a month now to finally notice just today - the Sea Turtle is on the wrappers and the boxes too, even the 'Fat Packs'. I have to laugh when I see that on the little tags at the store.

I always got distracted wondering just how much #28 there might weigh right now.
Zayden said…
Also, I share your articles on g+ from time to time...this happens to be another one. Hope you don't mind.
Anonymous said…
To quote from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, "Take dat, ya doity toitle!"

The Wild Kingdom clip surprised me... I didn't think they ever let Jim Fowler in the studio.