Skip to main content

Awesome night card, pt. 234 (card show report teaser)


I went to my first legitimate card show in a year today. There's a lot of driving involved to get to this show and back and I'm pretty pooped from all of that.

I didn't spend a lot of time at the show, mostly because of money, but also for another reason that I'll try to explain in tomorrow's card show report post. I walked away from the show a little disconnected. I think I need 24 hours to work that out.

Meanwhile, one of the cards I grabbed was this Heritage News Flashbacks card from last year's set. I pounce on anything that shows St. Louis because of my personal connection to the city. It's interesting to me that the Gateway Arch was completed exactly 22 years to the day that I set foot in the city for one of the most memorable times of my life.

I did go up in the Gateway Arch at night, and I remember looking down on all the twinkling lights of the city through the rather tiny spectator windows at the top.

I have little items saved from that time that remind me of those days. It's nice to add this card to the scattered pile of memories.

As for the card show, I don't know how many memories were made from that. It was probably one of the least interesting shows I have ever attended. But again, I need to sort it out.

I'll display one more card just to give you an idea of what I was digging around in at the show:


Yup. 1972 Topps high numbers.

Now you know why I didn't spend a lot of time there. They don't give away those things for free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Card Binder Candidate: Gateway Arch, '65 News Flashbacks, 2014 Topps Heritage, #NF-GA
Does it make the binder?: It doesn't have a card number, so, no. But it will get a special place of honor.

Comments

Nick said…
I haven't taken many vacations in my life thus far, but I can say with certainty that St. Louis is easily the most beautiful city I've ever visited.
RunForeKelloggs said…
Just got back from St. Louis today. I always enjoy going there. I'm itching to get to a card show.